Thursday, September 13, 2012

MB882SP-1S-2B, MB971SP-B, MB974SP-B review - posted by umlan.com

-->
Over the last couple of years I have found the need for removable hard drives and USB hard drives just won't cut it. USB hard drives typically transfer data at a fraction of the speeds that SATA 3 or SATA 6. Not only have I found my self in the need for a hot swap hard drive or two, but OK well, I am a little vain and I want it to look good as well. With so many of todays cases taking on a futuristic look the plain jane drive caddy just isn't going to cut it for me. Not only do I want it to look good I also want blistering performance. It's nice to have cake and eat it too, no? Enter Icy Dock, Icy Dock has been around for more than a decade and specialized in the design, manufacture and distribution of stroage enclosure peripherals. Icy Dock makes products for all levels of computing, from home PC docks all the way up to enterprise SAS backplanes.

Today we will be taking a look at three of Icy Docks products; The MB971SP-B DuoSwap 2.5"/3.5" SATA hot swap drive caddy, the MB974SP-B 4 in 3 SATA internal RAID backplane, and the MB882SP-1S-2B 2.5" to 3.5" SSD & SATA hard drive converter................read the full review

No comments:

Post a Comment