Built for enthusiasts, amateurs and professionals alike, the drives are available in 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities.
Jonathan Filleau, Consumer Product Marketing Manager EMEA, said: "PNY today added its fourth generation of SSDs to an already comprehensive range of upgrade and storage solutions. Consumers will be well aware of the experience and expertise at PNY's disposal when dealing with both flash memory products and components, and should trust that when partnered with SandForce, we have manufactured a robust and reliable product."
The Professional SSD range takes advantage of SandForce SF 2281/2 controllers and Intel memory. These controllers allow for maximum read speeds of up to 550 MB/s, write speeds of up to 520 MB/s and 60,000 I/O per second. The range provides a solution for the consumer looking to improve their computer's performance. Used as boot device, the SSDs decrease start time, and provide a boost to game and application performance, whilst operating at cool temperatures ensuring efficiency and power even for laptop computers.
- Controller SandForce SF 2281 / SF 2282 (480GB version)
- Memory Intel 3K P/E Endurance NAND components Synchronous-Mode MLC
- Form factor 2.5"
- Connectors SATA III / 6G
- Max read up to 550 MB/s
- Max write up to 520 MB/s
- Random IOPS 60,000 (Random write 4KB)
- Compatible with Windows (32-bit & 64-bit), Linux, and Mac OSX TRIM support (requires OS support)
- Warranty 3 Years" -via storagenewsletter.com