Product Image Pack:
Friday, October 29, 2010
New Product Announcement - MB662USEB-2S Dual Bay RAID Enclosure for 3.5" SATA Drives, Now Featuring Quad Interface
Icy Dock is proud to introduce its upgrade version of the dual bay RAID enclosure that set the standard for professionals, the MB662USEB-2S. This product combines the feature sets of the current MB662 Series into the ultimate RAID device, and simultaneously upgrades the existing features.
Included in the changes are an upgraded Sunon 40mm cooling fan, a new Oxford chipset which provides quad interface with USB 2.0, eSATA, FW400 & FW800, and a new RAID controller that allows for 2TB+ drives to be used in each of the device’s slots in any of the 3 RAID modes. All of this plus all the features from the existing MB662 Series that the industry has come to accept as the standard for external RAID solutions, such as a rock solid screw-less installation method and an aluminum body for maximum portability, heat dissipation, & drive protection.
* Support 2TB+ in each slot for all 3 RAID modes.
* MB662 Series fits 2 x 3.5” SATA I/II hard drives for maximum storage.
* Plug & Play USB 2.0 + eSATA + FireWire800 combo with OXFORD936DS chipset.
* FireWire 400 capability via FW800 to FW400 converter cable, supplied in the box.
* Built-in hardware RAID controller allows four different RAID configurations: RAID 0 (FAST), RAID 1 (SAFE), & JBOD (Concatenation/Spanned)
* No additional software and hardware required for RAID capabilities.
* User friendly Screw-less design just plug in the hard drive and play.
* 40 mm Sunon cooling fan with adjustable speed control.
* Multi-drive exchangeability & maintenance capabilities.
* Built with Solid Aluminum Construction for body.
* Built in security slot for security cable kit.
* Compatible for both Windows and Mac.
Product Data Sheet
Product Image Pack:
About ICY DOCK:
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Icy Dock is a household name for its high quality storage products for RAID applications, SSDs, and functional design. Now, all of those will be combined into one ground breaking product: the MB982SPR-2S. This little device packs a huge punch with features and performance, allowing 2 x 2.5” SATA SSD/HDD to be converted to a 3.5” SATA form factor for use in most internal drive bays, backplanes, external enclosures, and server racks. It transforms the 2 drives into a 3.5” SATA drive with exact dimensions, mounting holes, and connection locations as a normal 3.5” drive.
The device uses a full metal construction for durability and drive protection, especially for use in industrial computers and servers, as well as military systems deployment. Inside the case there is room for 2 x 2.5” SATA SSD or HDD fitting the standard 9.5mm drive heights. Like our previous converters, the door mechanism moves a tray to connect and disconnect the drives as the door is closed and opened, respectively. This provides the user with peace of mind that the connection is solid. Also, similar to the previous converters, the installation process is completely screw-less and tool-less, saving the user time when first installing the drives, as well as any necessary maintenance throughout the product’s lifetime. On all sides of the box are airflow vents to provide adequate ventilation to the 2 drives inside, ensuring they operate in an optimal environment. On the door latch are 2 blue status LEDs which provide the user with drive activity, power, and RAID status.
The RAID controller gives users the option to choose RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG, and Port Multiplier mode, and it can be configured via software that is compatible with both PC and Mac systems. This allows the unit to be configured for blazing fast speed, system drive mirroring, extra storage, or just an easy way to dual boot a computer.
* Converts your 2 x 2.5” SATA HDD or SSD to a 3.5” SATA HDD, for 3.5”
and Backplane usage. SATA Drive Bay
* Full Metal and Heavy Duty with Easy Access to Drives
* Screw-less and Tool-less Design Saves Tons of Time For Installation and Maintenance
* Built in RAID featuring RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG, and Port Multiplier.
* Blue Status LEDs on Release Latch
* Airflow Vents For Heat Dissipation With Anti-vibration Design.
* Universal Mounting Holes For Most Common PC Cases.
* Windows and Mac Software for RAID Set Up
* Compatible With Most 3.5” HDD Backplanes and Hot Swap Devices.
* Compatible With Mac Pro.
* Screw-less Design For Quick & Easy Installation.
* Perfect For Power Users, System Integrators
and IT Professionals.
For more information, please see the MB982SPR-2S product page:
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Introducing the new face of Icy Dock screw-less technology, the MB973SP-B 3-in-2 SATA Backplane. This product allows the user to install 3 x 3.5” SATA hard drives into a computer case’s 2 available 5.25” device bays. Using our world renowned screw-less technology, no screws or tools are required to insert or eject the drives making hot swapping a completely hassle free experience.
The front of the device includes childproof power buttons for each drive which require the button to be pressed slightly deeper than normal to ensure that a drive is not accidentally turned off by bumping into it or rubbing against it. These power buttons also act as an LED indicator showing drive power and activity. Similarly, each drive door has a multi-locking latch mechanism to prevent a door from being opened easily, making it an ideal solution for systems where IT and non-IT personnel have access. Also on the front are USB and eSATA ports to quickly and easily connect external storage peripherals, especially useful for cases that do not have front/top port access.
On the rear of the MB973SP-B is a monster 80mm cooling fan to pull cool air from the front ventilation slots, over the drives, and exhaust the warm air out through the rear ventilation slots. The fan also features an "on-demand" power system, so that the fan is only powered on if a drive's power is on. So even if all 3 slots are filled, the fan will only spin if one of the drives is powered on. And if the included fan is not enough, it can be upgraded to use most aftermarket 80mm case fans that use a 2 or 3 pin connector, giving the user a wide range of choices according to their preferences. To further the user's customization, a 3 speed fan control is built in letting the user choose between high, low, or auto. The auto setting uses our Smart Cooling Technology to adjust fan speed according to the cooling requirements of the drives. An internal SATA cable and USB header connector are also built into the rear for easy connection to the systems motherboard or add-on card.
* Fits 3 x 3.5" SATA HDD into 2 x 5.25" Device Bays
* Screw-less, tool-less design for genuine plug &play and hot swap use
* Compatible with SATA 6 Gb/sec
* Stylish aluminum construction for durability and heat dissipation
* 80mm cooling fan for maximum air flow
* On-demand power system - Fan power only when a drive is powered on
* Fan is replaceable with aftermarket fans that use 2-pin or 3-pin connectors
* 3 speed fan control including Smart Cooling Technology providing temperature
* Front and rear ventilation slots
* Front side USB and eSATA ports for convenient external storage connections
* Individual power switches and LEDs for each drive
* Child-proof power buttons to avoid accidental power shut down
* Multi-locking door latches to prevent accidental drive ejection
* Internal SATA cable and USB header cable built into rear of device
Product Image Pack:
About ICY DOCK: